Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Allow me to introduce you to my soapbox...

With all the "hoopla" over the president of Chick-fil-A voicing his opinion on marriage and the sanctity of, I just couldn't hold it in one more minute.  Join me on my soapbox, will you?

First of all let me start off by saying this, I don't understand what all the fuss is about.  If I were an unbeliever, an atheist or agnostic I really don't think I would give two cents over what the president of ANY fast food restaurant's personal convictions or beliefs were.  I personally would care more about employee policy and food safety than whether or not he/she condones same sex marriage.  HOWEVER, since I AM a believer in Christ and I DO stand on Biblical truth, and since people with obviously different convictions than myself have PLASTERED their opinions and displeasure with this opinion I think I will choose this time to voice my own as well.  First of all, this was not a "hate campaign." This was an opinion made based on Biblical truths.  Oddly enough, those opposed to his opinion have been spewing the majority of the hate.  Second, and this IS opinion, but what if we as Christians banded together and boycotted retail chains/restaurants, etc etc... that contributed to and/or condoned positions and policies that directly conflict with the Biblical values and truths we hold so dear?  For instance, I used to work at a certain grocery chain and every year or so the United Way would come in and try to solicit donations per pay period from each employee.  Donating was greatly influenced by management, and refusal to participate was frowned upon.  However, did you know that some local chapters of United Way have directly contributed funds to Planned Parenthood? So does this mean that I should no longer shop at my former employer? What about that major discount superstore? Ever checked their charity list? Disturbing. 

And now the Jim Henson company have joined the Chick-fil-A bashing bandwagon.  So sad. Seasame Street was part of my childhood, I hate I won't be sharing that with my own daughter

As a Christian I am called to be the light of the world. There should be something obviously different in me.  Good for you Dan Cathy. You have been such an inspiration for me to be bold and courageous.  I'm praying 1 Corinthians 16:13 for you and for your company.  God Bless you!

1 comment:

  1. Very good post and so true. Proud of you taking a stand. It is what all Christians should do.

    ReplyDelete